Welcome to the Central Bank of Kenya’s careers portal. To view and apply for current job openings, kindly click the following link: Careers Portal
A career at the Central Bank of Kenya gives you the opportunity to contribute to the Bank’s monetary and financial stability objectives in line with the country’s development agenda. You will have an opportunity to work with a team of highly motivated, dynamic, innovative and diverse professionals. The Central Bank of Kenya prides itself in being an equal opportunity employer.
ExcellenceWorking at the Central Bank means working with industry leaders, and our mentorship and coaching programmes allow you to learn from them.
Growth and Development
The Central Bank offers extensive and exciting internal and external training opportunities, allowing you to develop new skills.
The Central Bank of Kenya provides a conducive working environment and employee assistance programmes.
Why Work With Central Bank of Kenya
- The Bank gives employees an opportunity to work in the Public Sector and to contribute to nation building.
- The Bank offers competitive compensation and benefits packages.
- The Bank is committed to diversity and inclusion. It desires to hire the best talent from across the country.
- The Bank provides its employees with career growth and learning and development opportunities to enable them to realise their full potential.
- The Bank provides all its employees a conducive working environment, guided by its values, wellness and employee assistance programs, work place support programs and access to on-site health and fitness facilities for optimal work-life balance.
- The Bank also observes employee rights and freedoms as enshrined in the Constitution.
Our open and competitive recruitment process ensures talented and dedicated professionals have an opportunity to work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds, an experience that only the Central Bank can provide. We encourage you to be part of the team by applying for positions advertised on this website that are commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
In line with the Central Bank’s mandate of maintaining stability and fostering a stable financial system, the Bank runs a CBK Internship Program (CBKIP) that seeks to develop a pool of young talent adequately exposed to central banking and commercial banking operations. After the planned six (6) months’ internship program, the candidates will be ready to be absorbed in the job market.
The interns who joined the Central Bank in January 2017
Central Bank of Kenya Internship Program (CBKIP) – July 2017 Intake
The objective of the CBKIP is to develop young talents to take up immense employment opportunities in the Kenyan Banking and Financial Sector. The Internship Program will also provide an opportunity to gain on- the- job experience, expand knowledge, refine career goals and build professional network, mentors and contacts.
- A first degree from a recognized university in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Economics, Accounting, Microfinance, Management Sciences, Law or related discipline or a Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Be a Kenyan youth between 21 to 29 years of age; and
- Provide recommendation/reference letter from the university attended.
- Should possess interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must be goal oriented, dynamic, passionate and self-motivated;
- Must be a team player and have the ability to solve problems;
- A person of integrity and a well rounded individual;
- Should possess strong analytical skills;
- Must be computer literate.
The Central Bank hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill nine (9) positions. Opportunities are currently available in the following areas; Finance, Research and Economics, Strategic Management, Communications and Legal Services. If interested follow the link https://careers.centralbank.go.ke and submit online applications, attaching a duly completed program application form, certified copies of academic certificates, transcripts/documents and a recommendation/reference letter from the learning institution, so as to be received on or before June 23, 2017.
- The Bank WILL NOT offer employment after the completion of the program.
- INCOMPLETE applications will not be considered; and
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Bank is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing, directly or indirectly, will result to disqualification.
• CBK does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
• Any kind of canvassing by applicants will lead to instant disqualification.
• All applications MUST be submitted through the Bank’s online recruitment system.
For assistance on how to use the Careers Portal, please call (+254) 020 286 3932/1308/1328 or email email@example.com.