Can you create a game-changing solution to untangle the complex challenges facing the financial services industry? Applications are now open for the Global Fintech Hackcelerator @ Kenya.
Do you have a game-changing sustainable solution that explores the complex financial challenges in the Afro-Asian market today? If you do, we want you!
The Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) and the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) hosted the inaugural Afro-Asia Fintech Festival between the 15th and 16th of July 2019 in Nairobi, Kenya. The Festival was the first of its kind in the region, seeking to explore sustainable financial services innovations from emerging Afro-Asian markets.
As part of the Afro-Asia Fintech Festival, the Global Fintech Hackcelerator @ Kenya was officially launched on the 16th July 2019 as a platform for start-ups to showcase how they are able to address problem statements contributed by the UNSDG and local industry leaders. Fintechs from all over Africa are invited to submit responses to the problem statements.
Why you should apply for the Global Fintech Hackcelerator @ Kenya?
- Selected Fintechs will be given a chance to pitch their solutions on 9th August 2019 in Nairobi, Kenya. The Fintechs will present their solutions to the problem statements in front of an audience featuring visionary speakers, industry leaders and icons drawn from Africa, Asia and other parts of the globe. The Fintechs that will not be able to travel to Nairobi will be given a chance to present their solutions remotely.
- Receive first hand feedback from UN Task Force members, CBK and other industry leaders on your solution
- Platform access for connections, collaborations and exchange of ideas between industry leaders and ecosystem partners form Africa and Asia
- 2 winners from the Global Fintech Hackcelerator @ Kenya will be fast-tracked as finalists into the Global Fintech Hackcelerator 2019 programme where they will participate in the Demo Day at the Singapore Fintech Festival.
Additionally, finalists of the Global FinTech Hackcelerator 2019 can expect:
- Funding of up to S$200,000 to develop a contextualized proof of concept, to be deployed within a year from Demo Day at the Singapore Fintech Festival.
- The opportunity for market entry and/or expansion into Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region.
- The opportunity to work with high-value corporates to contextualize your solution to their needs.
- The opportunity to engage with industry experts and leverage on their expertise.
- The top 3 winners at the Singapore Fintech Festival Demo Day will receive S$50,000 each.
Applications for the Global Fintech Hackcelerator @ Kenya are now open till 31st July 2019.
So, don’t wait. Visit the Matchi platform to view the problem statements to work on and get started on your application.